DegerPipe II CLASSIC
for Scottish (small) pipes and medieval market bagpipes
Fantastic electronic practice chanter with selectable fingerings and compelling musical possibilities.
Supplied with headphones and MIDI cable.
The Degerpipe II + is much more than just a practice instrument but a full-fledged electronic bagpipe with versatile possibilities and an impressive sound result.
– Scottish Highland Bagpipes & Smallpipes (with variations of the Scottish bagpipe fingering)
– Medieval (market) bagpipe (open bagpipe fingering)
With 5 realistic, wavetable-generated sounds
– Highland Bagpipe
– Middle Ages bagpipe / shepherd pipe
– Gaila Gallega
– Highland Smallpipe 1
– Highland Smallpipe 2
Play bagpipe without limits
– Fingerings & sounds are freely combinable
– Overblown scale with 1 1/2 octaves
– Chromatic scales (pure tuned or equal tempered)
– Realistic playing of vibratos like the original!
– Transposable in wide range (Every key is adjustable – also stepless!)
– Retunable and continuously tunable drones (fundamental, fourths or fifths tuning)
– Optimized touch sensors for reliable function
– Volume for chanter and drones separately adjustable
– Line out for headphones, midi and amplifier
– Update option by the manufacturer
. . . and many more features
The DegerPipe II offers the possibility to overblow and play vibratos! When overblowing, the thumb of the left hand remains open.
Settings are saved when the device is switched off and are active again the next time it is switched on! Resetting to the company setting is also easily possible at any time. The Scottish fingerings can be played with normal G or with sharp G for myxolydian and ionic tunes.
The intonation of the chanter can be switched from pure tuning to equal temperament.
Technical data of the DegerPipe
– Power supply 2 Micro Alkaline AAA batteries (included).
– Battery life approx. 50 hours with alkaline batteries (depending on the connected devices)
– Weight only approx. 180 g
Connections of the DegerPipe
– Headphones ()
– Line-out / amplifier or headphones adjustable, 3.5 mm jack
– MIDI 3.5 mm jack
And it works as simple as this
This is how easy it is to play the DegerPipe II
– Plug in headphones or connect the pipe with cable to an amplifier.
– Switching on at the slide switch
– Selection of the desired fingering. When switching, the instrument is immediately set to the usual basic tuning
– Select sound Highland bagpipe, medieval (market) bagpipe or smallpipe.
– Select key / pitch Either in semitone steps (1/2 tone higher or lower per button press), or steplessly if you need to adapt to instruments tuned to specific frequencies.
– Set drone accompaniment tones either fundamental or as a fourth or fifth drone. The drones can be regulated in volume. Even fine(-)tuning the pitch of the drones in relation to the chanter is possible!
– Adjust the volume of the instrument – the drones can be set louder or softer separately from the chanter.
– Starting and stopping the pipe Touch the Start/Stop sensor on the rear panel.
– and off we go!
Fig The control center of the DegerPipe II