If you want to learn how to play the Scottish Highland Bagpipe or Smallpipe, you first need a practice flute: the Practice Chanter (PC for short). This instrument accompanies every piper – whether beginner or professional – for a lifetime.
Here you get everything you need to start playing the Scottish bagpipes: A simple practice chanter of Scottish manufacture in polypenco design and the best-selling and best-proven German-language textbook by MacEge (with CD) at a super price!
Made north of Edinburgh, the instrument is carefully crafted from the high-quality Polypenco plastic. The finger holes are well felt. The included plastic reed responds easily and requires little air.
The simple Practice Chanter has proven its worth in bagpipe lessons in many schools in Scotland, is well tuned and easy to maintain. The renunciation of unnecessary bells and whistles allows an excellent price/performance ratio for this excellent instrument!
The Practice Chanter is built in the standard length – the tone hole spacing is built so that the grip width is about 1 cm shorter than the ‘big’ chanter of the Bagpipe. This helps beginners in particular to get used to the correct hand position.
We supply this practice instrument with tested plastic reed including storage tube. The reed holder is designed so that the position of the reed can be adjusted very easily. This allows you to quickly insert a new reed so that the chanter is accurately tuned.
The instrument comes with a short manual with fingering chart and further information!
This starter set contains:
– Practice Chanter in standard length made of Polypenco, ready to play with tested plastic reed.
– MacEges Lehrbuch für den schottischen Dudelsacke (mit Begleit-CD) – the best proven and best selling German language textbook for Scottish bagpipes!
– Plastic ReedBottle for safe storage of the reed.
– Fingering chart and instructions
MacEge’s textbook for Scottish bagpipes by Reinhold Ege has been the proven standard textbook in German-speaking countries since 1991 and systematically introduces you to Scottish music. On the basis of numerous melodies you will also learn a basic repertoire of Scottish pipemusic (among others: Scotland the Brave, Amazing Grace, Skye Boat Song …).
Option deluxe bag:
Order your new instrument right away with a perfect bag with plenty of space for practice chanter, textbook and accessories!
– Made of strong and durable fabric material
– Practical carrying handle and sturdy zipper
– Bottom and top of the practice chanter are fixed inside with velcro tape
– Storage bag for reed box
– Zippered compartment for an A4 size textbook
– Additional zippered compartment for spare reeds, accessories
Dimensions: 42 x 30 x 6 cm (width x height x depth)
Fig: The bag is supplied without the accessories shown.
For this Practice Chanter you can also order the cheaper small PC bag made of very high quality material as a safe place to store your instrument.